Join THE BIGGEST GYM IN the WatertoWn Area
We would like to thank the hundreds of members who have reached out to us during this trying time. We appreciate your support and dedication to our belief that we are not just a gym we are a way of life. As our mission statement reads,
" we are here to help every member achieve a healthier lifestyle," we are so please to say that STEEL BEACH GYM IS NOW OPEN!
Here is all of the information that you need to know:
1. Masks are required at all times while in the gym in accordance with Governor Lamont's mandate.
*Please note that this is a mandate that is required by the State of CT.
2. Members must practice social distancing, keeping 6 feet of distance while doing non-vigorous exercises!
3. There are markers and signage throughout the club with distancing reminders including the cardio floor.
4. Group Exercise class and Group Training class participants will be properly distanced for everyone's comfort and safety. Temporary modified class schedules have been released. All group exercise classes including Yoga and Spinning will run in the large group exercise room for optimal distancing and comfort.
5. Updated member "Code of Conduct" is posted on each floor of the club which includes reminders for members to clean equipment after each use.
6. Staff will be wearing protective gear for your safety and we have installed plexiglass at the front desk.
7. Intraday cleaning, there will be a full time cleaner disinfecting and keeping our club clean daily. Additionally, the staff will be cleaning equipment and frequently touched surfaces throughout the day. Employees will also be fogging the gym several times a day with hospital grade disinfectant.
8. The gym will be closing at 10:00 pm weeknights to allow extra time for cleaning.
We are thankful that our larger than 30,000 square foot facility with it's unique layout spread throughout 3 separate floors with multiple rooms allows us to manage concerns with capacity while offering many opportunities for members to distance while working out. We feel comfortable knowing with 3 floors, 8 workouts rooms, 1 floor dedicated to cardio and 9 bathrooms ours members will have plenty of opportunity for open space and distancing.
Our club will be disinfected and organized for reopening day and every day.
Our first priority is the safety and comfort of our members and employees. We are working daily to ensure a welcoming and clean environment for your return. We understand that some members may have additional questions which I will be happy to answer for you.
On behalf of our families and the entire staff at Steel Beach Gym, welcome back home!
For any questions regarding your membership:
You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Steel Beach Gym.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests and members with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Steel Beach Gym you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and any other contagious virus or disease.
Help keep each other healthy.
3 floors • 40,000 square feet • 11 different areas to get into shape • from yoga to spinning, tanning to free weights... you just gotta stop by and see it!
We started here 24 years ago!
Steel beach was our original name over 24 years ago right here in Oakville, CT.
We honor the military with this great name because a steel beach is a nickname for the deck of an aircraft carrier, which is where the servicemen and women would meet to relax, socialize, workout and feel good. Just like you feel at our Steel Beach.
If you are active military or a veteran, ask us about your discount as we honor your service to our country.
"In just 6 months of training with Michael I lost 38 pounds"
"working out and stretching my back after surgery lowered my dependence on meds!"
"until I stopped by - I thought it was a pumping iron gym full of body builders.... I was so surprised it's this great."